Bad hydrometer!

Note: When testing the hygrometer, you need 100% sodium chloride. non-idodized table salt should be 100% sodium chloride. Iodized table salt might be 99% sodium chloride. Lite table salt is probably 50% sodium chloride and 50% potassium chloride. NoSalt is 100% potassium chloride.

So I need a hygrometer for the incubator. Should I order one from amazon and which would you recommend?
Just pick up a weather station locally that shows indoor and outdoor temperatures and humidity. Calibrate it to see how accurate. Once calibrated put the outdoor sensor inside the incubator.

Note: When testing the hygrometer, you need 100% sodium chloride. non-idodized table salt should be 100% sodium chloride. Iodized table salt might be 99% sodium chloride. Lite table salt is probably 50% sodium chloride and 50% potassium chloride. NoSalt is 100% potassium chloride.
For her purposes, there isn't enough difference between iodized and non-iodized to matter.

I wouldn't think it would be a problem since you caught it so early. I've had too high humidity between the first and second candling. To get the air sack to the right size, between the second candling and lockdown, I just had to run my incubator with really low humidity so the air sack would catch back up. I know it's not ideal, but it worked. Just keep an eye on it when you get the new hygrometer in. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom