BAD kitty!

Don't feel bad for rehoming a animal that just doesn't fit. It's far better for an animal to find a home more suited w/o kids. I had a cat that was so crazy that he had to be rehomed after attacking my son's legs( he was a baby). Enough was enough!

We cured our cat of stalking the bird and it didn't take very long either. We kept a spray bottle full of water handy and when she was fixing to creep up on him we sprayed her in the face if we could. If we couldn't any body part would suffice. It didn't take long before she associated the bird with getting sprayed with cold water and that took all the fun out of it from her point of view. She left the bird alone from then on. Wouldn't even look at him.

Quote:
I disagree that cats are not trainable but I have no experience with this type of cat who is larger with more feral in it.

I would re-home any animal dangerous to my child.

The only problem my newest cat has is he likes the table and counter- the 'reward' of food out ways the 'punishment' of ACV+water spray (water was doing nothing).

He is fully clawed and was found dumped on my land at 8 weeks old, I train him at 1.5 years on a lark to 'sit' and 'up' - he DID get training immediately 'no claws' and never has used claws on people clothes or flesh. (except the four year old who was dragging him by his tail- That was justified, AND he didn't draw blood.

Back
Top Bottom