Bad legs in young duck

Chicken Kate

Chirping
Feb 20, 2018
McLeansville North Carolina
I have a young Roune duck. He's a drake. I noticed yesterday he wasn't standing much today he got up and saw that he is off balance, and his knees are in squatting position. He can't seem to stand for long. He falls over while walking. I can't figure out what's wrong. The others his age are not having an issue at all, so I know its not the water fowle food.

I have a drake like this too. My drake ended up like this after he fell of a perch when he was young. Could your drake have had an accident like this? With mine, I wasn't able to sort it out but he has gotten used to it and he just walks with a limp and doesn't go into the water much.

How young and has he ever had any niacin supplemention some waterfowl even from same hatch can have a niacin deficiency and it can cause lameness (weak leg muscles). I’d rec getting your drake on a liquidB Complex it seems to help them get over the def quicker TSC has it in cattle dept says injrctable but can be given orally 1 ml daily then the human liquid is 3 ml daily since not as concentrated found where vitamins are found

How young and has he ever had any niacin supplemention some waterfowl even from same hatch can have a niacin deficiency and it can cause lameness (weak leg muscles). I’d rec getting your drake on a liquidB Complex it seems to help them get over the def quicker TSC has it in cattle dept says injrctable but can be given orally 1 ml daily then the human liquid is 3 ml daily since not as concentrated found where vitamins are found
Thank you so much. I didn't know that. He is about three weeks old. I'll pick that up now. Thank you so much

I have a drake like this too. My drake ended up like this after he fell of a perch when he was young. Could your drake have had an accident like this? With mine, I wasn't able to sort it out but he has gotten used to it and he just walks with a limp and doesn't go into the water much.
He was in a larger dog Kennel with no perch. But it's still possible he had an accident. Awww cute that he has a limp, glad he's doing OK. MY baby boy is three weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom