bad news for shipping eggs :(

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I just talked to my mother who just got back from the PO. Bad news for anyone that ships hatching eggs. They are going to not send trucks out until they are full. They told her due to the rising costs of fuel etc, that trucks aren't going out as frequently so packages will be sitting at the PO longer, longer transit, etc. I don't know about priority and what they are doing about that, will have to find out. Anyone have any info on this?

Krista

If im paying for priority I EXPECT them to get them to me within the 2-3 day transit time. Im sure the postal service has more than enough money for gas, they keep hiking up their prices for shipping.
roll.png

this is the first time ive heard about this.

I guess it is supposed to be countrywide, not sure when it is supposed to start. Will have to research this
wink.png

Bluh.
sad.png
They keep hiking the prices up I am surprised they dont have the $ for gas. More greed I guess.
sad.png

hmmm, i didn't hear anythign about it. Wonder if it's on their website...

www.usps.com

It doesn't make much sense though...because their trucks that come door to door delivering mail daily will still be coming anyway. They won't make a whole route wait because they don't have a heaped and heavy truck...would they?? So stands to reason that the packages will still be trucked to and fro as usual...right??

Last edited:
They told her that the trucks won't leave with the packages until there is enough to fill the truck, not to deliver to the houses, but to go to the depot. You have to remember this is from an employee, nothing official. I am going to call my Post Master tomorrow and ask. This employee may also have misinformation
idunno.gif
I was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything. I know we have some postal employees here, maybe they know?

Krista

Back
Top Bottom