*bad news* Incubating Double Yolker Dies...

I think we all "take a chance" with all the eggs we incubate whether double yolkers or not. After all we are not perfect (HENS). Therefore, I wish you lots of luck with your double yolker.
smile.png
Bottom line is; it can be done!! We've seen it on the video.
smile.png
roll.png

ok, today is the big day, LOCKDOWN alright, we can do this, when I candled I thought it was'nt growing well when I relized the egg is big enough for two, so of course it looks little!
lol.png

You can get a hygrometer from Wal-Mart for just a few dollars. They are located by the thermometers and light bulbs and stuff. YOU REALLY NEED ONE!!!! It is not something you want to guess at, temp and humidity are vital for a good hatch. I kept mine as close to 68% as possible, and your twins will need the best conditions to give them a chance to hatch.

I'm not going to set my incubator until this storm system ends and I can leave the hill to get a hygrometer.
I've heard people say they never use a hygrometer but I'm not brave enough to try it. What is the weather like where you are, is it raining, do you live by the ocean or in the mountains, do you heat with wood?
Richard

Back
Top Bottom