bad rooster

bantyhaven

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
lexington ky
hi everyone,i have an silver rooster one yeard old yhat want;s to fight me evertime i enter his pen,i;m not afraid he will hurt me as he is so small,it just anoying,anysuggestions any one?.

Pick him up and carry him around while your doing chores. If he starts to struggle don't put him down, only put him back down when he's calm. This worked for me and 1 aggressive rooster. You also can check out rooster-red byc members page, he has some great tips.

grab him by his feet,, carry him around for a while,, throw (not hurt throw,, just a regular throw) in the coop, let him stay there locked in for 15 or so minutes,, then let him out. a water hose works,, but if you dont have the hose he may start again, thats why i do it myself, so they know im the dominant roo. lol
i just got 3 RIR roos with attitudes a week ago,,, they dont have attitudes with me any more.and i can walk over and pick them up no problem

thanks everyone,will give it a try,
smile.png

I had a neighbor's roo in my yard bow up at me so I grabbed the little sucker and held him for awhile. He never bowed up at me again!

Edited to say, he now runs from me when he sees me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom