1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bad Syfy Movies?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EmtheFishLady, Aug 25, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Who else loves these? I have been known to plan my night around them. [​IMG] They crack me up. Megashark VS Crocosaurus is on right now...but I think my favorite had to be "Sharktopus"....[​IMG]

Alright, fess up, who else loves these?

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:[​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Boyd, I knew you would. I think you're as sick as I am. [​IMG]

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I love the megashark type series... and the made for scify channel movies [​IMG]

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    When you've had a fever and are stonded out of your skull on nyquil they're amesome in thier awfulness. When chanel flipping mr saddi and i have been known to play the game "who's in this movie because thier under contract and hopes no one sees it?" Interesting tidbit, the actor that plays shriff carter in eureka, has played a cop/ranger/fbi agent etc 16 times for sci fi movies, he once said in the interview that he thought it was to save $$ for wardrobe.

Now thier actual series are good, eureka, warehouse 13 (I had my hair cut in the claudia), and SGU were all really good, but 99% of thier made for tv movies stink. (exceptions, alice, tin man

6. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    One of my favorite kind of entertainment - bad syfy and really bad horror films. The lower the budget, the better I seem to like them. [​IMG]

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:Cheap date hm?

8. DAS

DAS Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    NW Wisconsin
    We watch these all the time. I call it mindless entertainment [​IMG] Huge snakes, Dinosharks and crocodiles bigger than your house--Oh my!!! [​IMG]

9. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Quote:Cheap date hm?

I hate to admit it........
    maybe so, but I do like to eat - a lot. Does that make it better? I hate to sound cheap.

[​IMG]

10. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Quote:We saw the "Megashark vs. Crocosaurus" on the listing tonight when I asked DH to check to see what's on TV this evening. I believe what DH actually called it was, "That great science fiction blockbuster, 'Megashark vs. Crocosaurus'!"
    SyFy channel comes up with some doozies.

While we didn't watch this and sometimes have a hard time watching the goofy movies on SyFy, sometimes we do kinda love them... but then again, we were both fans of old "B" movies back in the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by