Bad TSC! Bad, bad TSC!!

ssledoux

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
I brought home another 13 chicks this evening. RIRs, Leghorns and some Cornish X. I'm actually raising Leghorns for someone else, but the rest are for me (as if they 50ish that I had already weren't enough!!)

Someone help me. I definitely have a problem.

yuckyuck.gif

50 chicks?????
ep.gif

I want chicks. I just can't get them.
good luck with your chicks

Don't feel bad. I did that last year. My husband wanted chickens and I told him he would have to be the one to take care of them. Whenever I am in a pet store, I always walk miles around the birds because they scare the heck out of me. I think it's from watching that old movie "The Birds" when I was a kid. Anyway, when we were at TSC getting feed for them one day they had baby chicks there and guess who bought another 10? It was me!!!! Now I'm the one that primarily takes care of his chickens. Who would have thought......

Tee hee, I ended up buying 12 ducklings and 12 chicks this spring from TSC. I got a few breeds that I have been wanting though.

I now have well over 100 chicks, and 16 ducklings, with lots more in the incubator!

Even with as much as I hate cleaning brooders, I love spring!

Emily in NC

PS - I hope that TSC is out of babies today! I need more shavings for the brooders, lol.

We stopped at TSC yesterday for tie down straps and red tape to flag a fence we were hauling.....I picked up 6 Mallard Ducklings...
tongue.png
It wasn't my fault they just jumped in the box and said, "Please take us home!" and DH nodded along and said, "What ever tickles you!"

Should have seen the employee LOL She was shocked that my DH was so compliant LOLOLOL

It is a bad idea for me to go to the feed store lately. We went Friday and they had some polish chicks. I wanted them so bad, but we have a livingroom full of brooders. I did manage to leave the behind, but I have considered returning for them.

EngieKisses, you were stronger than me. I went to Atwoods yesterday and they had polish and I walked away with 7 of them and a turkey poult!! I guess the 15 mixed hens and 3 ducklings we bought 3 weeks ago weren't enough. OR the 8 we've had hatch out from our own eggs!! We've also had over 20 muscovy duckling hatch from our broody hens. We're over run!! These little polish are just the cutest things in the world!! It took me almost 45 minutes to pick them out. I was only going to get 2-3 but they kept yelling at me 'pick me, pick me'!!!!! Just wasn't right to leave them! It is a sickness for which there is no cure. May as well embrace it!

You don't need help until you have over 80 in a 6 by 8 coop. Talk about the poop to remove!
th.gif

I'm down to 29 now, but I've got some chicks on order and 42 guinea eggs in the 'bater though I really don't expect all of them to hatch, really, I don't.

Really.

Speaking of bad Tsc mine local here in vermont this week is getting 500 chicks and 300 more every week after this!!!! oh god im in so much trouble i mean there going to have mixed pullets mixed Bantams Strait run Ducks of 3 different breeds and the meat chicks i have the money and the room so i think im going to do bad bad things darn them...oh god lol

Back
Top Bottom