Bad Vascularization?

kvmommy

Songster
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
Ok I candled again and its Day 5. 15 of 20 have definite vascularization! 5 I'll keep to day 10, but am pretty sure are duds. So...of that 15 with vascularization about 6 have nice thick veining and a nice distinct embryo. Very healthy and beautiful to see. The others have a very fine, wispy veining that seems like its not very consistent. Its just different you know. Different from the normal thick veined ones and the ones i've seen candled here. Why is that? Is it bad? Does it mean its extra fragile?

They could be just developing slower or the veins are a little more concealed.

I personally would keep them longer than 10 days.
If they are developing why get rid of them?

Oh, im not getting rid of them. I just wasnt sure why they looked like that, and if it made them more fragile while candling and/or weighing.

It may just be a case of being more spread out. Some eggs I've seen have thick veins while others look more wispy spiderwebby. Both have hatched with viable chicks. Keep them in there unless another candling down the road proves otherwise.

I agree every egg is different. I had an awesome looking banty egg with great veining that quit around day 7-10 and the one that I thought wouldn't make it because I could hardly see the veins is now a peeping little chick.

Back
Top Bottom