BAD Victoria, Very Bad! Tori, Your Namesake is Being a PAIN

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
I have two Silver Laced Wyandotte pullets from Ideal who are about 20 weeks old now, Virgina and Victoria. Victoria was named for my pal in Alaska, Mrs AK Bird Brain (Tori). Well, Miss Victoria can fly. And she has escaped the pen several times. She clears a 6 ft plus fence , over the 3 ft wide separation pen (almost as tall as the fence) and sails over to the blueberry bushes. This girl is getting a bit hefty to do this, but she does it anyway. Here is the one my DH calls Princess Victoria. In fact, he refers to the pair of them as The Princesses. No eggs yet, but she's looking like it could be soon. They are Mace's personal harem. If I ever sold Mace, I'm afraid they'd have to go with him or they'd be completely lost. It's just adorable to see them snuggle up to him.
DCP_1504.jpg

DCP_1505.jpg

What a beautiful chicken. I have a couple of Golden Comets that can fly pretty high and one of my EE's does too. I just hope they never get OVER the 6' privacy fence that keeps them from the neighbors' yards!! I could be in big trouble. So far they just get up on top of the shed when they get a wild hair!! And that's 6' high!!!

P.S. I love your chickens' names...signed Virginia...aka Ginni
wink.png

I always was an independent little cuss... just ask my Mom...
gig.gif

Sounds like you picked the perfect name for her, but unlike me, it sounds like you'll have to trim her wing feathers to keep her at home...
They sure are beauties!
love.gif

Did I show you Cynthia and Angie?
big_smile.png

IMG_3453.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Sounds like you picked the perfect name for her, but unlike me, it sounds like you'll have to trim her wing feathers to keep her at home...

Your wing feathers got trimmed. You got married didn't ya?
wink.png

Beautiful birds speckled.
love.gif

Tori, too funny! Yep, Victoria is an independent little cuss for sure! Soon, I think she'll be too heavy to fly like that, but for now, I have to watch out for her sailing over my head.

Quote:
Your wing feathers got trimmed. You got married didn't ya?
wink.png

Beautiful birds speckled.
love.gif

lau.gif

I thought about that after I posted it... I'd have to say no, though, because my husband has been so supportive of everything I try to do that he's given me stronger wings.
wink.png

I thought about that after I posted it... I'd have to say no, though, because my husband has been so supportive of everything I try to do that he's given me stronger wings.

Every woman should be as lucky as you and I, Tori.​

My EE's have boycotted the coop in favor of going 20 to 25 feet into the pine tree. People say if they are in the wrong place at night just calmly move them to where you want them, they'll learn. I can't get them out of that tree for anything.

Back
Top Bottom