Bailey - the Great Dane puppy!

Hi everyone,
For those who don’t know I recently lost my last Great Dane (Wilbur) to cancer. We had been shortlisted for a puppy from a very reputable breeder, this litter was supposed to be her last for a few years. On the day we put Wilbur to sleep we were told we’d been selected for a new puppy. I was very excited, not because I wanted to replace Wilbur but because our house felt so empty without a Dane.
Bailey turns 8weeks on Tuesday but we were able to pick him up today (it’s Sunday here in AU).
So I created this thread to share Bailey’s journey with you.
Here are some pictures:
View attachment 2926388View attachment 2926389View attachment 2926390View attachment 2926391View attachment 2926392
Beautiful boy 😍

He’s gigantic! And he’s young and stupid. He’s killed two chickens that jumped the fence into the backyard and caught my Guinea pig while she was under the fence. I can’t be mad at him because it’s not his fault, he has prey instincts so all I can do is try and train that side

I'm sorry for you loss
But overjoyed that you are starting a new journey with a new pup . I hope y'all have a long and wonderful journey together .
Thanks. Bailey is a wild one that’s for certain. We haven’t taken him out on many walks because the weather over here in AU has been terrible lately. And when we did take him out for a walk he dragged us almost the whole way, he is very strong and he was in a harness which gave him power from the shoulders.

Thanks. Bailey is a wild one that’s for certain. We haven’t taken him out on many walks because the weather over here in AU has been terrible lately. And when we did take him out for a walk he dragged us almost the whole way, he is very strong and he was in a harness which gave him power from the shoulders.
All the memory of when my saint bernard was a puppy is crawling back and I was think when she dies (which could be any day she is 12 years old) I want another but totally forgot all the crazy they are before they got manners

All the memory of when my saint bernard was a puppy is crawling back and I was think when she dies (which could be any day she is 12 years old) I want another but totally forgot all the crazy they are before they got manners
Oh I’m sorry about your St. Bernard.
It’s so true, my mum reckons Bailey is the craziest of all our dogs but she only remembers the best after they pass away. Great Danes don’t grow a brain until they are about 2 years old, they have a bump on the top of they heads that gets more prominent when they get older, our nickname is it’s the bump of knowledge because it doesn’t show up until they are about 1.5

Oh I’m sorry about your St. Bernard.
It’s so true, my mum reckons Bailey is the craziest of all our dogs but she only remembers the best after they pass away. Great Danes don’t grow a brain until they are about 2 years old, they have a bump on the top of they heads that gets more prominent when they get older, our nickname is it’s the bump of knowledge because it doesn’t show up until they are about 1.5
That's hilarious my dog was like that till she was 2 lol he she is now lol you got a fresh pic lol not the best pic cause she is trying to move thru the fireworks but It will do
20210204_160251.jpg

Back
Top Bottom