Bait for mice

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
What do you use to bait traps for mice? I have mice in my shop and I going to put out some traps. I was wondering what kind bait others use that works. I've tried peanut butter, but that doesn't attract them here. My ratters do a good job, but in the shop there is too much that the mice can get under and behind. What are your bait suggestions.

I use a nontoxic repellent called Mouse Magic by Bonide. They leave the premises. (I also keep chicken food in metal cans with weights on top).
JJ

Quote:
I use peanut butter too...but a caution if you have dogs....put the trap in an area where the dog cant get to it....(we caught the dog once LITERALLY...it was stick on her lip)

Quote:
I use peanut butter too...but a caution if you have dogs....put the trap in an area where the dog cant get to it....(we caught the dog once LITERALLY...it was stick on her lip)

My dog did that once. I dont think he will do it a again he may not be a smart pure breed show dog but he is a good farm dog lol

Quote:

My dog did that once. I dont think he will do it a again he may not be a smart pure breed show dog but he is a good farm dog lol

this is freckles...she is the one that was caught in the trap...and when it snapped closed she got scared and ended up setting off all 6 traps we had set up cause she got the first one stuck on her and i think backed into the other or kicked it bit it was like a chain reaction...

Back
Top Bottom