Bald spot on 4 week old Light Brahma chick?

ImAChick

Songster
Mar 5, 2021
Michigan
Why does my chick have a bald spot on her belly? I'm not sure if this is normal or what but she is acting fine and all. The other Light Brahmas I have full feathers on their belly's so I am not sure what is going on. I think this is okay and all but I am just making sure because this is the first time this has happened.
20210324_185309.jpg

Why does my chick have a bald spot on her belly? I'm not sure if this is normal or what but she is acting fine and all. The other Light Brahmas I have full feathers on their belly's so I am not sure what is going on. I think this is okay and all but I am just making sure because this is the first time this has happened.View attachment 2583764
Just an extra slow to feather one.

It's funny how we're all so worried about our light Brahmas with their weird feathers! It's like they're just growing into their feathers at a slower rate than the other chicks!

Attachments

• DSC_0528.JPG
    DSC_0528.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0529.JPG
    DSC_0529.JPG
    472.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0530.JPG
    DSC_0530.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 13
It's funny how we're all so worried about our light Brahmas with their weird feathers! It's like they're just growing into their feathers at a slower rate than the other chicks!
I have two right now. Our one brahma is fully feathered and the two still are growing. We are suspecting one to be a roo and one to be a female but we aren't sure if the other is a roo.

In the third picture you have, looks like one of my brahmas. Our other is fully feathered. The chick in the picture I posted is actually getting a large red pea comb. (Three rows of peas).

Back
Top Bottom