Bald vent almost 8 week duck

CLUlelSS

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2020
My duck is almost 8 weeks old, and recently, I noticed a bald spot near my duck’s vent. I have 2 ducks that I got from TSC, but one of them seems normal while this one has a bald vent. Otherwise, they can eat, drink, walk, and swim fine. Please help!

Attachments

• 8529FC35-FA8E-44E1-B2D4-D54953AF112A.jpeg
    8529FC35-FA8E-44E1-B2D4-D54953AF112A.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 8
to me that looks like the duck's side. I'm not seeing a vent.
Its near the vent as well, I just took a general picture of the bald spot not the vent. Should I post a picture of the vent as well? I was leaning on the ground and taking a picture upside down, so it was kinda hard for me to take a good picture without it moving away or sitting back down.

Its near the vent as well, I just took a general picture of the bald spot not the vent. Should I post a picture of the vent as well? I was leaning on the ground and taking a picture upside down, so it was kinda hard for me to take a good picture without it moving away or sitting back down.
maybe could we see a picture of the whole duck. It's kinda hard to get a good idea of whats going on.

My duck is almost 8 weeks old, and recently, I noticed a bald spot near my duck’s vent. I have 2 ducks that I got from TSC, but one of them seems normal while this one has a bald vent. Otherwise, they can eat, drink, walk, and swim fine. Please help!

It looks more like the abdomen area. In my experience, balding on the underside is most commonly due to lack of space, the birds sit most of the day because they don't have much to do, the area eventually becomes uncared for and starts to bald. A niacin deficient bird may have this problem too. What is their pen setup like, how much space do they have?

Back
Top Bottom