Ballerinas!!šŸ©° (and other dancers šŸ˜)

Lol. Just entering to say - when I was a toddler, my mother tried to get me interested in ballet.
She took me to a class. The teacher started talking to me and I burst into tears and ran off. That was the end of that.

My mum tried to bribe me with food (which worked 99% of the time) but it didn't work. I still know nothing whatsoever about ballet.
I'm guessing you all succumbed to the offer of tic tacs and chocolate mousse.

Hi! I guess I'd consider myself a dancer, but I'm not that great.
I take ballet, hip-hop, modern, and jazz, each once a week during the year. My favorites are hip-hop and jazz. My least favorite is ballet, but that's partly because I don't like my teacher's teaching style and partly because it's my worst style and it frustrates me. I'm a long way from being en pointe (please say I spelled that right lol) But I'd like to get there some day. I try to practice but I'm not always that great at it. I love my main dance teacher but she works us SO hard. She used to dance on broadway and knows exactly how hard we're able to work without breaking us, so she pushes us as hard as we can go. I've grown soft and quarantine and have just started up our beginning of class workout again today.

Lol. Just entering to say - when I was a toddler, my mother tried to get me interested in ballet.
She took me to a class. The teacher started talking to me and I burst into tears and ran off. That was the end of that.

My mum tried to bribe me with food (which worked 99% of the time) but it didn't work. I still know nothing whatsoever about ballet.
I'm guessing you all succumbed to the offer of tic tacs and chocolate mousse.
Shockingly, I actually got into it on my own. I started in 1st grade after seeing the recital from the previous year, and I never dropped out.

OOH! Hereā€™s a good question (I think), what classes do you take? And how many days of the week do you dance (normally, not during COVID)
I normally take 3, 4 hour ballet classes each week, and I have been for almost 24 years now. I started when I was 4, because I liked the outfits ballerinas were wearing, and it just became part of my life. Iā€™ve mostly forgotten it since quarantine started, but Iā€™ve still been stretching and such.

Back
Top Bottom