Balut Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KWSRetMSgt, Oct 8, 2013.

1. KWSRetMSgt

KWSRetMSgt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Ft Worth TX
    I'm testing the waters to figure out what the concensus as to what folks feel about balut eggs.

I have several Asian neighbors and since they discovered I have ducks they keep asking me about the eggs. And when the hens will be laying. I've been approached about these type of eggs and I'm not sure what to do.

Balut eggs can go for as much as $5.00 a piece, a hatchery I checked on sells them 20 eggs for $65.00 + shipping & taxes.

2. Cluky

Cluky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Chicago
    it all depends on a person in my opinion. personally I don't care for them however as you mentioned some people REALLY like them. what do you mean how people feel about it? it is either you hate it or love it type of situation :)

3. KWSRetMSgt

KWSRetMSgt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Ft Worth TX
    I guess I should have been a little more percise, Yeah I was talking about the situation of taking the eggs from the mother after brooding on them for 10 to 18 days.

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    The question isn't really "how do others feel about it?"
    How do you feel about it? Is there enough demand to make taking those eggs worth it after you and your hen have invested 10-18 days developing them?
    If that's the issue, the hens wasted time, you could always leave her one or two and sell the others.
    Good luck, if I had demand for them I would consider selling them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by