Bammony gave me a Brower brooder

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
A friend of mine (Bammony from BYC) gave me a commercial style Brower brooder. Three tiers actually. I am really excited about it. I was wondering if anyone had experience with one and could give me any info on them. My friend never set this one up so I'm here looking at the parts and pieces.

Thanks!

P.S.: I'll post pics of it once I get it all put together.

Last edited:
send it to me,, i'll set it up for ya,, and test it,, just to be safe hehe
wink.png

Baby quail fit through amazingly small holes. Buttons can go through 1/2X1/2 hardware cloth. The others are a little larger. If your brooder is indeed the model you have found instructions for you will not be able to use the outside feeder. You will need to close off its access and give the birds a feeder inside the brooder. Make sure your waterer is designed to prevent the little ones getting in the water and drowning too.
db

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm hatching jumbo coturnix. The site said that if you put quail in there then you should put paper towels over the mesh for a while. I'm guessing the feeders will be too high for them so I will probably have to do as you said and put a feeder on the inside.

I hope his 69 babies are doing well. If all goes well he may end up with a
few dozen quail. My eggs run around 75% fertile.

Now as for that Brower brooder, WOW. Very nice. I need a rack or 2 of
those. Brower has some nice stuff on that site. GQF makes some nice
stackable brooders too. I wish I had money.

Buster enjoy that brooder man. That is way cool.

Thanks guys. The eggs should be doing well. I will be putting them in the hatcher on Monday. I should get some chicks by Wednesday or Thursday.

Tomorrow when it warms up I will take the brooder out and wash it down good. Then I'll put it together and post pics.

Back
Top Bottom