Banded Pigeon came to live with us

What does the leg band say for year. To me looks like a young bird. It may have been in a race since the second RF leg-band is on there.:idunno(that is what it looks like to me in pix)
Yes indeed , very often fanciers will cull their looses, or lost souls.:hit
That does not necessarily mean that your pigeon is a BAD HOMER. The "loosing way home" can have been caused by some unforeseen factors.
Try to get another pigeon to keep this one company.
For some reason,,, I think this may be a male.. That is what my vibes tell me.:gig
Since you have contact information to the racing club,,,,, ask if there is anyone there that would be willing to sell you a bird. I'm sure there is,, but you are only interested in an entry level bird. Not the High dollar potential race winners.
Since you are not aware at this time of your pigeons gender, try to purchase a female pigeon. 2 females will get along fine. Male and female will get along fine. 2 males tend to not get along so well.
2 males born in same loft tend to learn to tolerate each other . 2 strangers are more challenging. (but not impossible)
Of course once you have multiple males and females,,,, the group tends to live communally with few problems.:thumbsup
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Confused at the timeline here. Did she arrive on Sunday? Did you get the number off her band? I had a bird stay with me in SC for the last week but last I saw her was Sunday (2/24/2019 430p edt). We just called her 801 after her band number. She would have been flying south to her home loft in fl near Tampa. I think her race band was white though (Id band was the same green as yours there). Anyway, what are the chances it was her. Slim I think.

Glad the racer found you. A kind soul. She is probably tired from her flight. Mine was so tired she ate right out my hand without knowing me. She didn’t do that after she got some strength up. I let her stay eat and drink in a spare coop but I’m betting she chose to roost in the neighbors barn! I miss her but I hope she made it home. The owner said he didn’t cull lost birds and have had several overshoot him by several hundred miles and then make it back. They can get off track for any nnumber of reasons. Godspeed 801.

Back
Top Bottom