Bandit's dying.........

There is no shame in crying for someone you love.....even if that someone has feathers. Love is love.....let yourself mourn for her. I know you have said before that you don't cry, but it is alright, you are human.
hugs.gif

oh i cried and cried and cried, you know i told my mom as soon as i heard her breathe funny that she needs to wake up and we gotta do something and she just went back to sleep, the only good thing i can say is that i got to be with her and hold her and let her know i love her to the very end.............. god i just want her back!
hit.gif

I think that you comforted your chicken to the very end. That is the best we can all do if we can't change the circumstances. Once again, hugs to you!

I'm sorry to hear about Bandit. It will hurt for a while but at least you were there. That has always helped me. I don't like the thought of them being alone when they need you the most.

I know you're upset right now..

but try and use this as a learning experience..
observe your chickens..
watch for any changes in behavior and droppings
the earlier you notice something, the better chance you have to save them

make sure they always have fresh feed, proper for their age
and fresh water.
a safe clean shelter and clean bedding
treat for mites
worm a few times a year, especially if they free range.

it's also a good idea to have a few basic meds on hand..
such as Tylan, or erythromycin
a cocci med
and first aid supplies, such as saline solution, also saline eye wash, Betadine, eye ointment, peroxide, neosporin, vaseline..

Back
Top Bottom