Bang the Possum is no more.

Kecene

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
Orange County NY
I'm getting an average of 9 eggs a day. last night I found only one egg. I was checking the coop and found some egg shells under the nesting boxes and right next to it a possum. very large size. He was not happy to see me. I went back in the house got my 22 and shot it. He was doing his death dance in the middle of the coop and all my chicken walk around him and pay no attention to it. Looks like it was an old visitor and they got use to having it around.

Last edited:
i had a opossum in my coop, it had no qualms eating eggs or a chicken, he went down the road, my friend sue was 9 months pregnant and a opossum was in her coop and had killed a bunch of her chickens, she stabbed it with a pitch fork and beat it to death with a shovel, she's one heck of a woman LOL!
tongue.png

Quote:
when i had a possum, all of my chickens did the same thing! it was like they were thinking "why are you screaming? we are trying to sleep! don't pay attention to that possum... he's our friend...*yawn*"

I am pretty sure a neighborhood dog got one of my RIR girls from the tracks and I caught and shot a possum attempting to get in. Now I have an electric fence around the area and nothing has tried to get through the fence.

Back
Top Bottom