Bantam being attacked help!

Hogan14

Chirping
Nov 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Little background, I have a 3 year old bantam hen that I love dearly. She had a friend that died last year so I got 3 barred rock chicks to keep her company (thought I got 3 hens but it ended up being 2 hens and one rooster). Everything has been great up until these last few weeks. My bantam is missing hair on her head and won’t come out of the coop. I never saw any attacks happening so I wasn’t sure what was going on so I shooed her out today to see what would happen, and my two hens and rooster started attacking her. My bantam was screaming and cowering. And the rooster got on top of her and the girls also got on top of her when he was done. It was horrifying to watch and I couldn’t help her because they went under the coop to a spot I couldn’t reach.

So I have her separated now, but only in a little cage in my garage. It’s a very temporary fix. What are my options here. What do I do?

I put out an ad to sell them. I would really like if I could keep everyone because I have grown attached, but I know that may not be possible.

I do have one idea but I’m not sure if it would be disastrous. I think I may make another thread on this. Has anyone kept ducks with chickens? So I had to move my drake mallard this year to a new coop because he was getting attacked bad by his flock. He’s now happy with a female rouen. Would it be a really bad idea to see if my bantam chicken could live with them?

I put out an ad to sell them. I would really like if I could keep everyone because I have grown attached, but I know that may not be possible.

I do have one idea but I’m not sure if it would be disastrous. I think I may make another thread on this. Has anyone kept ducks with chickens? So I had to move my drake mallard this year to a new coop because he was getting attacked bad by his flock. He’s now happy with a female rouen. Would it be a really bad idea to see if my bantam chicken could live with them?
Chickens can live with ducks. I have a flock of bantams living with my ducks (different coops but same area). She could live with your ducks, but she would still need one chicken friend. One chicken living with ducks would not be happy, but two chickens would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom