Bantam Blue Cochin Rooster + Hens = Lot's of New Chicks!

waterforgotham

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2020
Hi fellow chicken lovers. My kids and I started raising chickens about a year and a half ago at the pleading of my oldest daughter who loves animals. We started with five Isa Brown pullet chicks (Nugget, Tender, Angel, Popcorn and.....I can't remember the last name!), two bantam Buff Brahmas (Arya and Precious), one standard Buff Brahma (Caramel), a bantam Blue Cochin (Dusty) and ONE bantam Blue Cochin rooster (Smoky). We added five of my partner's hens to the flock last October - 4 Mystic Marans and an older hen named Olivia. We recently decided to incubate a dozen eggs from a nesting box that one of our hens abandoned after about a week of brooding, and we now have 7 new chicks and one on the way. We are going to have quite a mix of beautiful babies, and we will post pictures in a few days. It should be an interesting autumn.......

Hi fellow chicken lovers. My kids and I started raising chickens about a year and a half ago at the pleading of my oldest daughter who loves animals. We started with five Isa Brown pullet chicks (Nugget, Tender, Angel, Popcorn and.....I can't remember the last name!), two bantam Buff Brahmas (Arya and Precious), one standard Buff Brahma (Caramel), a bantam Blue Cochin (Dusty) and ONE bantam Blue Cochin rooster (Smoky). We added five of my partner's hens to the flock last October - 4 Mystic Marans and an older hen named Olivia. We recently decided to incubate a dozen eggs from a nesting box that one of our hens abandoned after about a week of brooding, and we now have 7 new chicks and one on the way. We are going to have quite a mix of beautiful babies, and we will post pictures in a few days. It should be an interesting autumn.......
Welcome to BYC!! I hope that you enjoy it here!:wee

Back
Top Bottom