Bantam Buff Laced Red Cornish??

North Town Duck

Hatching
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
I saw a pair years ago, and liked those little body builder blodies. I have seen them in different hatchey Mag.. I have never ordered them or owned any. Just wondering if anyone has any input on them (+-) and if positive a hatchery you preferred.

A few hatcheries have White Laced Red Cornish and Buff Cornish, but they're not as common as Dark Cornish. I've been wanting the WLR for some time (though would prefer LF). I haven't been able to find much info on good hatchery stock,and breeders seem few and far between.

I found 15 White Laced Red Bantam Cornish. They are growing, seem smaller then I remember, color pattern does not breed true. Several different feather patterns and shades of feathers. Just might make this my own little breeding program and see if I can't get the right combo to get them to breed true. Should be fun either way.

Next time I need to add new blood I think I will try a different hatchery. Chicks were healthy, I am just not impressed with the different feather patterns. It tells me something.

Back
Top Bottom