Bantam Bungalow....Updated Photos....Roost, Nest Boxes

fireguy56

Songster
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
Slidell, Louisiana
Hello all, So for those of you asking to keep the pictures coming here is latest. Didn't get much done today...kinda having a little back issue, so I just put the partitions in the nest boxes. Then I installed the roost and a "roost" at front of nest boxes to help with entering. Also took leftover Congoleum and cut pieces to fit in each nest box opening. Still need to build a ramp to roost to help little girls go up easier. May do that later. Here are some pics.
Erik

69010_bantam_coop-day_10-roost_dividers_004.jpg
Nest box dividers in place. View from outside.

69010_bantam_coop-day_10-roost_dividers_001.jpg
Interior view showing front of nest boxes. V shaped plywood on front of boxes discourages the girls from roosting on the edge of boxes and pooping in them. Worked on our big coop, hope it works for this one.

69010_bantam_coop-day_10-roost_dividers_005.jpg
Roost installed so that girls can look out windows and catch the sun coming up.

wow, it's coming along! Looking GREAT!!!! Okay--- come finish mine up! LOL Seriously, love the V shape on the front of your nest boxes. I'm just starting on the inside of my coop now and that is something I can do next. How wide are your LF boxes? I know these are the bantam ones... but am interested in seeing what you've done for the other coop. Thanks!

Quote:
Hawkeye, The new coop boxes are 12" deep x 16" wide x 15" tall. Each of six boxes are identical. In the big coop I went with more of a larger, community box idea. The girls don' t seem to mind. They are like 14" deep x 28" wide x 15" high, but only four total. The v shaped plywood front seems to discourage them from roosting on the front of the boxes and pooping inside. Hope it works on the new one. Thanks for keeping up with the build. More to come once I get my back feeling alittle better.
Erik

Quote:
69010_nest_box_re-do_002.jpg
Hawkeye, Same idea. The v shape front out of luan ply to discourage them from roosting. They don't seem to like the thin eded of luan to roost on, so no poop in boxes. Working so far and decided to try the idea again in the new coop.
Erik

Back
Top Bottom