1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam chick at TSC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cashela, Mar 15, 2013.

1. cashela

cashela Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    South Eastern NH
    So TSC got in some Bantam chicks last night. Of course their all straight runs. There were some that kind of best described looked almost like a chipmunk. Any ideas on what they might be? They had all white chicks and grey ones as well. Wish I knew what kind they were,.

2. PharmGirl

PharmGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    Weston, WV
    I may be wrong but look up pics of Rhode Island Red babies and see if that's what they may be.

3. cashela

Mar 4, 2009
    South Eastern NH
    Ok so I stopped at Agway and they had chicks too and they had ones that were americauna's and they looked exactly like the little bantam ones at TSC only smaller as they were bantams. So I guess thats what they were.

4. cashela

Mar 4, 2009
    South Eastern NH
  5. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    If they don't have green legs, then they are Old English Game Bantams, or maybe Dutch, but OEGBs are more common. They come in many color varieites and the chipmunk chcks are hard to tell apart - you can look at the drawings on Ideal poultry's site for a better idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by