Bantam Chick

cindii17

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2016
South Texas
Need Answers!
I have a 2 week old bantam. Its such a pretty little thing with it's feathered legs and feet. Its is eating, drinking, and running around fine, however it's wings are growing outwards. It is the only one out of my batch of 6 that is displaying this "feature." I am not sure how to help my baby....please help!

Need Answers!
I have a 2 week old bantam.  Its such a pretty little thing with it's feathered legs and feet.  Its is eating, drinking, and running around fine, however it's wings are growing outwards.  It is the only one out of my batch of 6 that is displaying this "feature."   I am not sure how to help my baby....please help!

Hi :welcome

Are they growing outwards like this chick in the pic ~

If so your chick is a frizzle.

YES!!!
What a relief!!! I thought my baby was sick. I do think it is odd that it is the only one out of the batch that looks that way. Regardless, I cant wait to see it fully grown.
Thank you!!

Your most welcome :highfive:
What breed are your chicks?

One of the parent birds has to be frizzle to produce frizzle off Spring. So one of your chicks parents must have been a frizzle. A frizzle is not guaranteed though as there is only a 50% chance of the frizzle gene being passed on.

My "big girls" are 3 Plymouth Barred Rocks, and 2 Cross breeds. Those 5 are the sweetest spoiled things and great layers!! My chicks are also 10 Barred Rockss and a 12 cross Red Sex-Link. I also have 6 ducklings to join the crew of 3. I love duck eggs! I am in love with my birds!!!!

Back
Top Bottom