Bantam Chicken Laying on 15 eggs! HELP!

chickens 4 life

Chirping
Mar 12, 2022
Hi! My (Mille Fleur D'uccle x Splash Cochin Bantam) hen started incubating her eggs about 1 week ago. She is incubating 14 eggs, buff brahma mixes + cochin mixes, and all are fertile with a embryo developing. I went on vacation for a week and didn't know she would incubate this much eggs. I couldn't stop her in time because her nest was hidden in a bush. Worried that the chicks won't have enough space to move around once everyone hatches because it's very tight. Can't take any eggs out since they all are alive. What can I do?

Last edited:
Hi! My (Mille Fleur D'uccle x Splash Cochin Bantam) hen started incubating her eggs about 1 week ago. She is incubating 14 eggs, and all are fertile with an embryo developing. I went on vacation for a week and didn't know she would incubate this much eggs. I couldn't stop her in time because her nest was hidden in a bush. Worried that the chicks won't have enough space to move around once everyone hatches because it's very tight. Can't take any eggs out since they all are alive. What can I do?
Just leave them and if there’s not enough room you can make the space bigger or take some away and brood them. She should be able to handle that many chicks if they all even hatch hope it goes good.

Back
Top Bottom