Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! A safe day for chickens!!!

:frow Belated, but from me, too, to those of you who celebrate it! :D

Here are some of my safe bantam chickens a few days ago. :p

Fawn SDW OEGBs. My girls Vega and Altair, and then the boys Toli, Acher, and Rigel (the Khaki). The boys are shedding tail feathers and regrowing them, so their tails aren't quite as full and pretty as last time I took their pictures. :hmm

Vega.jpg Altair.jpg Toliman.jpg Achernar.jpg Rigel.jpg OEGB boys.jpg

Silkie-feathered Cochin bantams; first is Abra, the partridge-ish patterned one, and then Rowena, a Red:

Abra.jpg Rowena.jpg

Silkie x EE mix Ganymede:

Ganymede.jpg

@pipdzipdnreadytogo Beautiful birds :love

Due to hurting my shoulder muscle, considering converting to a bantam breed. It's between Seramas or Japanese Bantams. Would prefer the Quail Antwerps Belgian but having to order a minimum plus shipping won't be cost effective for me.

Not having to purchase 50# bags of feed & converting my 3 x 8 x 2 brooder to their coop, have a mobile run (5 x 8) for them to use during good weather, or just spend time in the patio. My Chicken House 8 x 12 x 7 is occupied by 4 Whitings are this time but maintenance is hard with my shoulder, and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

@pipdzipdnreadytogo Beautiful birds :love

Due to hurting my shoulder muscle, considering converting to a bantam breed. It's between Seramas or Japanese Bantams. Would prefer the Quail Antwerps Belgian but having to order a minimum plus shipping won't be cost effective for me.

Not having to purchase 50# bags of feed & converting my 3 x 8 x 2 brooder to their coop, have a mobile run (5 x 8) for them to use during good weather, or just spend time in the patio. My Chicken House 8 x 12 x 7 is occupied by 4 Whitings are this time but maintenance is hard with my shoulder, and it doesn't seem to be getting better.
Both my shoulders are replaced. It's not fun dealing with restrictions. Bantams are much easier to keep, and in my opinion more enjoyable because of their more gentle nature.

I'd go for the tiny Seramas. They just look too cute.

Back
Top Bottom