Bantam Chicks from tractor supply

louisiana1111

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2017
Can anyone identify any of these chicks from the photo. There are four different type bantams. The grayish ones have the feathers on their feet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome and replies! Ive had chickens before but never bantams. I got thrm for small backyard pets but also hope they are decent egg layers as well. I know they wont be as prolific as larger breeds but i think thry will be just fine

Thanks for the welcome and replies! Ive had chickens before but never bantams. I got thrm for small backyard pets but also hope they are decent egg layers as well. I know they wont be as prolific as larger breeds but i think thry will be just fine
They aren't the best egg layers but they are beautiful and cute!

Careful with TSC bantams. We bought 6 from one location and 3 from another. All six from one location died within 48 hours. Gave up and went to another site to replace them, only got three this time. The guy there said a lot of people were replacing bantams this year. Literally one died on the 30 minute ride home and one had severe pasty butt. I tried everything for that little chick. They would not let me inspect them before the packed them up, I asked. Said something about possibly cross contaminating from outside.

Ok, it's been almost a month since my original post regarding breeds of bantams from tractor supply. This is a pic of the little yellow one that was hard to identify at the time. Looking at the new pic, can anyone identify this tsc bantam? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170528_155701.jpg
    20170528_155701.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 112

Back
Top Bottom