mrsperryhens22

In the Brooder
Feb 3, 2016
I have had a rather broody Bantam Cochin so this year I bought her some fertilized eggs. She has managed to hatch one and only abandoned the eggs 2x for rather short periods of time. We have some heat advisory level weather here so I am hoping maybe more will hatch. I have a few day old chicks comming in this week to give her to raise. I just don't know how long I should let her sit on the unhatched ones? Anyone deal with this before?

20180617_101859.jpg
20180617_101901.jpg

How old is the one she hatched? I’d give them 2 days after the 1st one then candle to see what’s going on.
Bout 24hrs old. They are Olive Easter Egger eggs so candling at this point is proving difficult. I have a couple of eggs in the incubator as I wanted to help her hatch a couple to hopefully get her out of broodiness.

Bout 24hrs old. They are Olive Easter Egger eggs so candling at this point is proving difficult. I have a couple of eggs in the incubator as I wanted to help her hatch a couple to hopefully get her out of broodiness.
Oh I understand, I have those. Can’t tell past day 7 development. But if you shine the light through the AC you should be able to see if they are internally pipped.

Back
Top Bottom