Bantam Cochin Breeders

MsBear, yeah I loved the Blacks that I had. They were really good chickens and good quality too. Although the breeder I bought these from, who has some of the best blacks in the country, raises a ton of them each year and these were the ones he was just getting rid of. They were excellent quality just not as good as his best ones that he kept.
I think I paid $25 for all of them just because he wanted to get rid of them. A good buy
smile.png

And thanks about the Dun Wyandottes, I really liked them and would like to have some more some day.

I got rid of them because I needed the space for my other breeds and a friend liked them and wanted them. So...they moved on. Such friendly little birds though. You can just sit on a bucket and they come up around you and jump on your knee and sing...... Its nice to have them around for that reason alone.
If I get some cochin bantams again I think I would like some good quality Partridge. Always liked the Partridge.

Quote:
Ya know, I really like the Millie Fleur color pattern, but I'm not a fan of Millie Fleur Cochins. The variety is too new.... doesn't breed true. You can have a nice pair and then they'll throw all kinds of funky looking young. Give it a few years and then I'll reconsider. I think it will one day be a beautiful breed.

Hey Scott,
Here is an update to my bantam cochins.... my daughter and I built this little website one evening as a school project.
If anyone is interested, I have lots of hatching eggs for sale from most colors including Mille Fluer.
Please see our website here...Click on all the tabs at the top for more pics...
http://home.rr.com/dday911

I raise primarily black and blue mottled bantam cochins (my website has lots of pics
smile.png
) I don't hatch a whole lot of them though and am only planning on about 50 or so babies for the whole year give or take.

edited: I also end up with some blue, black and splash birds too depending on the crossings that I do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom