Bantam Cochin thread

I love Thor so much.
So do I, and Noodles, Thor keeps Noodles warm at night :love
IMG-20220330-WA0006.jpeg

Here’s Molly and Polly…the broody bunch that snuck 7! eggs from my big hens and thus I am now a day or two away from having possibly 7 new chicks I had not planned for! 😆 These two remained dedicated to their job…while broody #3 freaked out when being moved to the dog crate and quit. She and Molly aren’t besties either haha. Curious to see if any end up smaller and part bantam Cochin. My bantam Cochin rooster is quite willing to try his best but I just wonder if he’s successful at reaching thru all the butt fluff on English Orpingtons and my fluffy Marans and Wyandotte! Otherwise they will all be Americanas as my two other roos are Lav Ameraucanas.

I also have this little feisty dude that is part Cochin-part Brahma. I think he will be a pretty boy, but he’s a bit of a feisty spaz! :)

E581EA58-D5E2-4450-8E53-53BE5F3C6154.jpeg

Attachments

• ED0F2496-185A-4790-B195-85CC9B4B9B07.jpeg
    ED0F2496-185A-4790-B195-85CC9B4B9B07.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 0
Here’s Molly and Polly…the broody bunch that snuck 7! eggs from my big hens and thus I am now a day or two away from having possibly 7 new chicks I had not planned for! 😆 These two remained dedicated to their job…while broody #3 freaked out when being moved to the dog crate and quit. She and Molly aren’t besties either haha. Curious to see if any end up smaller and part bantam Cochin. My bantam Cochin rooster is quite willing to try his best but I just wonder if he’s successful at reaching thru all the butt fluff on English Orpingtons and my fluffy Marans and Wyandotte! Otherwise they will all be Americanas as my two other roos are Lav Ameraucanas.

I also have this little feisty dude that is part Cochin-part Brahma. I think he will be a pretty boy, but he’s a bit of a feisty spaz! :)

View attachment 3091555
I have a... Well 2 evil twins.... cochin x brahma (Brochin) too! They have single combs though
20220501_124534_HDR.jpg
20220501_124242_HDR.jpg

I have a... Well 2 evil twins.... cochin x brahma (Brochin) too! They have single combs though
View attachment 3091557View attachment 3091558
Ohhh the white is really pretty!! 🥰 Are they little feisty devils too?? This little dude is almost 8 weeks old and he’s bouncing around challenging every boy and a couple of girls twice his size. He also cheeps the ENTIRE time you hold him. Hasn’t ever been aggressive, just very BOY. My Silkie surrogate mommas are constantly pecking him into submission haha.

Ohhh the white is really pretty!! 🥰 Are they little feisty devils too?? This little dude is almost 8 weeks old and he’s bouncing around challenging every boy and a couple of girls twice his size. He also cheeps the ENTIRE time you hold him. Hasn’t ever been aggressive, just very BOY. My Silkie surrogate mommas are constantly pecking him into submission haha.
They sneak into the house and like to steal treats. They're also very feisty. This is what their brother looked like.
IMG-20220305-WA0018.jpeg

This is Sunflower with her 6 chicks. She had been sitting on 16 eggs (I gave her 8, and she stole 8 more!) but nothing hatched. I got her some black copper Maran chicks and some bantam Cochins so that she has a broody buddy or two in the future.
View attachment 3097255

she probably could not cover properly so many eggs. if we put too many eggs they do not hatch. I made that mistake once. lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom