Bantam Cochin thread

Hello Cochin family!
It has been a while since I have been on here!
How is everybody? How are your Cochins?

Mine are doing great, Holly and Hylia are brooding, and it is driving me crazy!
Back around Feb, Holly hatched out a LF Buff Brahma X Red bantam Cochin crossed chick!
He is older now, but since he is a mix, I doubt anyone would care for pictures...😏

Hello Cochin family!
It has been a while since I have been on here!
How is everybody? How are your Cochins?

Mine are doing great, Holly and Hylia are brooding, and it is driving me crazy!
Back around Feb, Holly hatched out a LF Buff Brahma X Red bantam Cochin crossed chick!
He is older now, but since he is a mix, I doubt anyone would care for pictures...😏

all pictures are welcome!

Bootsie!
0E809AA1-1196-4AF4-894D-80BCCA27BC01.jpeg

His name is Bootsie for a reason, he has insanely fluffy feet!

Hi everyone! I saw this thread and thought why not joining. :frow
My adventure with bantam cochins started yesterday. I got two young couples of black and millefleur. I wasn't expecting they were so sweet and friendly, they like to be petted and will sit on my lap peacefully. They don't even try to go away when you pick them up:love
My brahmas are also quite friendly, they let me pet them but they don't like to be picked up:p

Since they are so sweet I decidet to name them as dessert names:lol:

So, I introduce you Mousse
IMG_20210714_122907.jpg

Frittella (which means pancake)
IMG_20210714_123116.jpg

Strudel
IMG_20210714_123531.jpg

And Budino (which means pudding)
IMG_20210714_123744.jpg

They are about 4 months old, this means I'll see their first eggs in mid-january, right? I got them to begin breeding to the SOP bantam cochins, too. Until now I bred white columbian black/blue Brahmas. Then, earlier this year, I added japanese quails (pharaoh, golden and golden speckled). I'm also trying with button quails but it's not going so well, I'm being a bit unlucky with them lol:idunno.
To complete my projects I'll search next year for some black/blue Brahmas and some blue bantam cochins.:drool

My adventure with bantam cochins started yesterday. I got two young couples of black and millefleur. I wasn't expecting they were so sweet and friendly, they like to be petted and will sit on my lap peacefully. They don't even try to go away when you pick them up:love
My brahmas are also quite friendly, they let me pet them but they don't like to be picked up:p

View attachment 2759227

Frittella (which means pancake)View attachment 2759228

Strudel
View attachment 2759229

View attachment 2759231

They are about 4 months old, this means I'll see their first eggs in mid-january, right? I got them to begin breeding to the SOP bantam cochins, too. Until now I bred white columbian black/blue Brahmas. Then, earlier this year, I added japanese quails (pharaoh, golden and golden speckled). I'm also trying with button quails but it's not going so well, I'm being a bit unlucky with them lol:idunno.
To complete my projects I'll search next year for some black/blue Brahmas and some blue bantam cochins.:drool

congrats, beautiful birds. they might start laying earlier if it does not get too cold.

View attachment 2759227

Frittella (which means pancake)View attachment 2759228

Strudel
View attachment 2759229

View attachment 2759231

They are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom