bantam cornish as meat birds?

Just look for RAW Prey model diet on the web. The most useful information that I've found has come from a dog food chat forum and a yahoo group. Not sure I can post the a dresses here but you can easily find them or pm me for details.
I'm a member of a coop here in Phoenix so I can get meat at a reasonable price for the dogs. It comes in huge, bulk boxes. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours cutting up sixty pounds of beef hearts. They just love heart. Yuck!
tongue.gif

Quote:
I read the same thing - and was expecting to hear about chicken parts. The beef heart threw me for a minute or so.
Then read your post and said - oh! co-op, not coop
roll.png
must be too early yet for me to think ..

People do eat small chickens. You pay extra to get those bitty little Cornish game hens at the market.

My issue with it is that if I must stick my hands into a steaming stinking mass of hot guts, I want a large meal and a leftover chicken sandwich to show for it. Same work, 5 pounds of meat vs 1/2 pound of meat.

(After saying that, I will clean and eat quail)

Dark Cornish Bantams ,when mature weigh near 4 lbs (cockerels). figure half of that is feathers guts and misc pieces. your carcass is near or at 2 lbs. I raise bantam Dark Cornish. There ya go, Larry P.S. they eat about a 1/4 of what a large fowl eats,figure the math out :)

My breeding cornish cock standard size is 15 pounds. Makes sense that the quarter the bird eats a quarter amount and gives a quarter the product

Hi, your birds are well above the breed standard as far as weight goes. Are they Cornish cross meat birds or pure Cornish and what type of Cornish are they? I have true Cornish show birds.That is definitely a large bird you have. Larry

Heaviest pure bird was straight standard dark. Blood lines originated from a lady in iowa.

Back
Top Bottom