Fur-N-Fowl

Fluffy Dinosaur Breeder
May 25, 2019
UK
Hello Everyone!
:frow

We hatched this little Booted Bantam x D'Anver chick around
6 weeks ago.

I know the stance of the breeds are particularly straight/wings down anyways but this little chick is really bold in it's stance and the way it acts.

However, it's comb isn't really screaming male to me anymore.

I focus on my Silkies and this chick was a bonus to hatch as we sadly lost the father of it before it hatched.

I've added a few growth photos and the last three photos are of it at just over 6 weeks old.

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

Hi! This is a very beautiful bird! I’m sorry to hear about your rooster though. I just lost a chick as well. :hit

As for its gender, it doesn’t really look like a male to me. Do you know how old she/He is and are you able to get a close-up of his/her comb and waddles! Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi! This is a very beautiful bird! I’m sorry to hear about your rooster though. I just lost a chick as well. :hit

As for its gender, it doesn’t really look like a make to me. Do you know how old she/He is and are you able to get a close-up of his/her comb and waddles! Thank you!

Thankyou and I'm sorry to hear that to, loosing chicks is particularly hard. Especially with them being so young.

This chick is 6 weeks and 2 days old. There is no wattles since it's bearded but the comb that's there is quite literally all that can be seen on the photos I've posted. It's very small. It did turn a darker pink around 1 week ago and I suspected a male but the colour has reduced back down to a very light pink :)

Hello Everyone!
:frow

We hatched this little Booted Bantam x D'Anver chick around
6 weeks ago.

I know the stance of the breeds are particularly straight/wings down anyways but this little chick is really bold in it's stance and the way it acts.

However, it's comb isn't really screaming male to me anymore.
Looks more "pink" than "blue" to me, too. Pretty Baby!

Back
Top Bottom