Bantam Ducks - Where can I get them?

Venevee

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2016
I've raised ducks for two years now and recently found out about bantam ducks when I visited the Iowa State Fair and fell in love with them. I would like to order some to add to my flock in the spring, but have no idea where to get them! Do I have to find a breeder, or does anybody know of a hatchery that can ship them to my postal office? Thanks in advanced!
(P.S, I would really like to get my hands on Snowy Calls, Pastel Calls or Cayuga bantams.)

Last edited:
Hello Venevee,

We are NPIP & AI clean and ship within the US. We raise16 different color varieties of call ducks, plus Black East Indies, Mini Silver Appleyards and Silver Mallards. (We raise all the colors you mentioned)

Check out some of our pictures on https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/292411/da-cute-and-cuddly-call-duck-thread

Our post in on page 577, post 5761

Once you are "bitten" by the bantam duck bug, you will be hooked.
wink.png
Here is a sneak peek at some of our beauties.

snowy drake

pastel trio

Black East Indies

Butterscotch Females

Silver Mallard

How much smaller are bantam ducks than the standard size breeds? I would think they would be especially attractive to folks with limited space and/or house duck folks. They must be adorable.

;)
How much smaller are bantam ducks  than the standard size breeds?  I would think they would be especially attractive to folks with limited space  and/or house duck folks.  They must be adorable.

A good quality cal duck is about the size of a pigeon maybe alittle bigger , black eats indies are a bit bigger than that not by much by any means at all ( we are talking like 1 or 2 millimeters ) Australian spotteds are anywhere from call duck size to mallard size. Mallards are the biggest of the bantam breeds and I'm pretty sure most people know the size of a mallard. :)

Last edited:
Do you by any chance have a website so I can see prices? Or should I PM you once I am ready to purchase?

Do you by any chance have a website so I can see prices? Or should I PM you once I am ready to purchase?

Sorry, we do not have a website. This is just a wonderful hobby for us, as we have careers that allow us to participate in our beloved hobby.

Yes, please PM us, as prices vary on quality/caliber of duck and color. I.e. Pet, breeder, high end breeder show potential. Just tell us exactly what you are looking for in quality, price range and color and we can give you additional information. Each bird is individually evaluated and priced. We can send pics of the individual ducks available so one can choose the birds they like best. We are NPIP & AI clean farm and can ship within the US, at buyers expense. We look forward to chatting with you

I have call ducks and am now offering (new this fall!) bantam anconas (slightly larger than calls)

I have several pet quality calls in many colors available and can ship!

Feel free to message me to chat!

We had Calls but they are too noisy and we had Black East Indies but they have color isdues with white feathering as they age. The best bantam ducks to me are by far the Australian Spotted ducks but the mini Appleyards have caught my eye as well.

The Australian Spotted ducks are about 2 pounds so they are slightly larger than the Calls but they are the best layers and foragers of the bantam breeds so that alone makes them desirable. Add to that the fact that they come in three distinct colors with variation in the colors and they are so personable that they truly are the best pet ducks you could hope to have. We have success hatching them in Little Giant still air incubators, which tend to get bad reviews as far as incubators go so they are quite hardy while Calls are far more difficult to hatch with their short bills.

The Spots can be show birds but they are still in the "other" category so they are shown against other breeds and not in a class of their own. They are really best for people who like to garden and eat duck eggs since they are so low maintenance. They lay an egg the size of a chicken egg so there is no need to do conversions, just use them in recipes as you would chicken eggs with results that are much richer. Once you have brownies made with duck eggs you will never make them with chicken eggs again.

Back
Top Bottom