aray67156

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
i ran across some add that said something about bantam ducks. just wondering if there really was a thing, if so how small are they?

bangor777

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
I got my silky duck eggs from freestepfarm.com. You can also purchase ducklings at holdereads. I am currently hatching 6 eggs and planning on keeping only 2 ducklings. I'm in Maine though so that wouldn't help you. Good luck!

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
13 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
Quote:WOOT! That answers my PM!
Any others popping out? HOPING for you!

I love my australian spotteds. I love the look of Call ducks, too, but I live pretty close to neighbors and they were louder than I was comfortable with. (I only had two hens.) My aussie's aren't quite as loud, though they are still loud and duck like.

EllyMae

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
The South Mountains of NC
Asher! ALL THREE are here! They are so much smaller than my regular size baby ducks. I was really thinking the third one wasn't going to hatch...boy what I surprise I came home to this morning after church! I am going to take pics and send you some.

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
13 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
Oh! I'm so happy for you, Beth!!! I really hope mine hatch out later this week! I have had three people hatching out these babies this week and I haven't gotten one out, yet myself! So not fair!

Surely some should hatch out of 10, though.

Top Bottom