bantam ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aray67156, Mar 21, 2009.

1. aray67156

aray67156 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    i ran across some add that said something about bantam ducks. just wondering if there really was a thing, if so how small are they?

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Yes they are bantam ducks. Adult drakes weigh 26oz or less, adult hens weigh 20 oz or less.

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
  4. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    those silky ducks are adorable! Where can you even find them? Anyone on BYC sell them?

5. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I got my silky duck eggs from freestepfarm.com. You can also purchase ducklings at holdereads. I am currently hatching 6 eggs and planning on keeping only 2 ducklings. I'm in Maine though so that wouldn't help you. Good luck!

6. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my australian spotted bantam ducks FINALLY hatched and there really is a size difference in it and my other standard size ducklings.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Call ducks are great bantam ducks. Very friendly. Mine are like dogs. lol

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:WOOT! That answers my PM! [​IMG] Any others popping out? HOPING for you!

I love my australian spotteds. I love the look of Call ducks, too, but I live pretty close to neighbors and they were louder than I was comfortable with. (I only had two hens.) My aussie's aren't quite as loud, though they are still loud and duck like. [​IMG]

9. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Asher! ALL THREE are here! They are so much smaller than my regular size baby ducks. I was really thinking the third one wasn't going to hatch...boy what I surprise I came home to this morning after church! I am going to take pics and send you some.

10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oh! I'm so happy for you, Beth!!! I really hope mine hatch out later this week! I have had three people hatching out these babies this week and I haven't gotten one out, yet myself! So not fair! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Surely some should hatch out of 10, though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by