Bantam Ducks?

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I went to a fellow BYCers house a couple o days ago and she had a duck in with her chickens. He was the cutest stinking thing I have ever seen an now I've got the itch...

Does anyone have pics of their "littler" ducks? And the breed would help a lot too. Also what are the best kind of pools if I were to get two small duckies? What do you guys do in te winter when it's too cold to have a pool? Also, what are the chances of a really awesome broody chicken taking in a pair of ducklings?

Thanks guys, so far were just toying with the idea of ducks but holy cow they sure are adorable!

Call ducks - they are the cutest little bantam ducks ever! I love mine. No different care EXCEPT that they are totally able to fly, unlike their larger brethren. (I startled mine this morning and they flew off to another part of the acre, complaining about it.)

The kiddie pools of any size are perfectly fine for call ducks. They can even "submarine" in them (swim totally submerged under the water) and love to do so.

Winters aren't too harsh where I live; the top half inch of the water is the most that ever freezes, and it's easy to break free.

Are all bantam ducks good flyers? Our yard is about a third of an acre with standard wooden fences. I would be very sad if my little Dickie flew the coop!

there is a difference, none of my call ducks fly, they are good are running on short grass though.

There are call ducks, east indea, australian spotted, and mallard (there are also silkie ducks but the only place your going to find them is holdereads). There are also other breeds like manderine and such but even though they're so pretty they will blow your mind they're harder to find. The best place to order them from is Holdereads waterfowl (you cant match they're quality!) Hope I helped.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom