Bantam eggs Day 19 in lockdown normal but not hatched

Gigachad poultry

Rest in piece Eda ~ 2018-2024
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2022
36070 Castelgomberto, Province of Vicenza
So um put 20 bantam eggs into an incubator and put them in lockdown on the 16 and they are now on day 9 and none have hatched. Although I have seen that some eggs are wiggling around. I just want to know is it's normal for bantam eggs to have not hatched on day 19? I keep reading that bantam's hatch day 18 to 19 so are they okay?

So um put 20 bantam eggs into an incubator and put them in lockdown on the 16 and they are now on day 9 and none have hatched. Although I have seen that some eggs are wiggling around. I just want to know is it's normal for bantam eggs to have not hatched on day 19? I keep reading that bantam's hatch day 18 to 19 so are they okay?
Bantam eggs can also hatch on day 21. It is mostly hen specific. I have bantams that are the same breed that some hatch on day 19 and others hatch on day 22. The normal time for them to hatch is late day 20 to early day 22.
I'm sorry that someone gave you a different expectation than what is normal. Incubator temperature can make it fluctuate as well.

I agree with both of them. It is normal for bantam eggs or full sized eggs to hatch either early or late. The main reason for locking down when we do is so we are locked down for the ones that hatch early. I could go into a long explanation why locking down early is probably not a big deal but I won't. You read so much in here about things having to be according to a rigid calendar that it gets people scared when things don't happen exactly that way.

I suggest the next time you feel panic about a calendar or time question or even a behavior question you try to get a second opinion before you do anything drastic or dramatic. Some things are important and you need to act, like two chickens trying to kill each other. But a lot of things aren't. That comes with experience.

I consider it a good question because you didn't know. To me it sounds like you are doing great. Let us know the outcome.

Well I had over five different videos say lockdown day 16 plus some other threads about lockdown day 16 and I was a lil worried they hadn't hatched. These eggs are especially hard to find and I got them from a breeder local about 40 minutes away by some crazy luck. The breed I'm hatching is Black Copper Maran Bantams plus a few other bantam breeds. They are so rare I think they were possiblity
taken off the recognized American breeds list.

Well I had over five different videos say lockdown day 16 plus some other threads about lockdown day 16 and I was a lil worried they hadn't hatched. These eggs are especially hard to find and I got them from a breeder local about 40 minutes away by some crazy luck. The breed I'm hatching is Black Copper Maran Bantams plus a few other bantam breeds. They are so rare I think they were possiblity
taken off the recognized American breeds list.
I’m in the same boat as you? What was your outcome ? I’m on day 19 and nothing with my 7 bantam eggs.

Back
Top Bottom