1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cresty, Feb 4, 2007.

1. cresty

cresty Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2007
    How often would you say bantams lay over a one week period? And, when using the eggs, how many bantam eggs would equal a large egg? I've never had bantams except for a little bantam rooster that just thought he was the best thing around. LOL

Thanks,
    Cresty

2. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I get 4 to 5 eggs per batam hen a week I always use 3 batam eggs to 2 large eggs

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    It depends on the breed.

4. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    I have Serama/OEG bantams, and one Serama/D'Uccle bantam that have just started laying. I've been getting an egg every day from each of my hens since they've started laying several weeks ago. I expect them to slow down as we go into winter, though.

The eggs are about 1/3 the size of standard, large eggs. The proportion of yolk to white seems to be higher with these tiny eggs. They are very tasty.

5. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Most of my bantams lay 5-6 days a week, good little layers. Until they go broody [​IMG]

I use 2 bantam eggs to make one regular egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by