Bantam hen eye infection

I finally managed to get the puss out last night and flushed the eye and applied antibiotic eye cream to it. She was small enough that it wasn't difficult to hold her down and squeeze the puss out myself. Her eye looked much better this morning. I'll post some pics later.

There was still a little puss in her eye, near the opening, and it was closed shut, but it's not as swollen as it was. I'm only treating it once a day. Should I switch to twice a day?

Attachments

• 20240119_201422.jpg
    20240119_201422.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 5
There was still a little puss in her eye, near the opening, and it was closed shut, but it's not as swollen as it was. I'm only treating it once a day. Should I switch to twice a day?
That's looking much better!

If there's still pus in the eye, work on trying to remove that, it will not dry up on it's own.

Keep the eye flushed and apply your ointment in the eye. This can be done a couple of times a day if necessary.

That's looking much better!

If there's still pus in the eye, work on trying to remove that, it will not dry up on it's own.

Keep the eye flushed and apply your ointment in the eye. This can be done a couple of times a day if necessary.
I already got it out. There was just a little near the opening. I'm only flushing and applying ointment once a day, but I've been considering doing it twice a day. Do you think her eye will open all the way once it's healed?

Back
Top Bottom