Bantam Hen Suddenly Can't Stand/Walk

Sorry to hear she's not improving. The panting is from stress and/or pain so I'd let her lie how she likes. Unfortunately that split leg pose is most often associated with Marek's, which would be my best guess as to what is wrong. The symptom of wry neck can also occur with Mareks so it's possible that is the problem with your bantams. Maybe those chicks weren't vaccinated against Marek's and your others were? In any case I'd be sure any future birds you get have been vaccinated to be as safe as possible.
I figured the panting was from pain 😬 I thought it might have been maerks but since they're not little chicks and they're adults... But it's possible they weren't vaccinated as the others were. Is there anything I can do to help this poor baby or is the only other option euthanizing her?

I figured the panting was from pain 😬 I thought it might have been maerks but since they're not little chicks and they're adults... But it's possible they weren't vaccinated as the others were. Is there anything I can do to help this poor baby or is the only other option euthanizing her?
If it is Marek's (or some similar tumor causing disease like ALV) I think your only options are to keep caring for her as you are (so long as she still wants to eat and drink) or to euthanize. Not being a vet or knowing for sure what the issue is, there is always that possibility that she could come around, which is one reason I find it so hard to decide to cull, but in my (unprofessional) opinion it's a fairly long shot that she improves in any way. Sorry you have such a difficult decision to make.

Back
Top Bottom