Bantam Marans

Bantam Marans are recognized by the ABA and can be shown at any ABA sponsored meet. They are just listed as an "Inactive" breed. (Pg 31 - 2006 ABA Bantam Standard).

I have my first few growing out, about 5-6 weeks old now. Good to know that they are ABA approved!
smile.png

I at this point have NO marans but desperately want some, bantam or otherwise. I do particularly love the banties though!

Quote:
The Marans bantams that are Inactive in the ABA are clean legged.

The MCCUSA, breed club, will be working with the ABA to unify their standard so it matches the APA standard which calls for feather legs.

There is a Bantam Marans Yahoo Group that you might want to join if you are interested in Marans bantams.

Quote:
The Marans bantams that are Inactive in the ABA are clean legged.

The MCCUSA, breed club, will be working with the ABA to unify their standard so it matches the APA standard which calls for feather legs.

There is a Bantam Marans Yahoo Group that you might want to join if you are interested in Marans bantams.

Also very good to know that it is clean legged and not Feathered (at this time). I do have some of both currently growing out.

Plan to join the Bantam Marans group, just haven't had a chance to really sit down and do it. I know I will want to spend time and read lots of wonderful information.
smile.png

Quote:
ABA weights are; Cock 32 oz, Hen 28 oz, Cockerel 28 oz, Pullet 24 oz.

Most of the bantam Marans that I know of weigh around 3.5 pounds so they need to be downsized.

Back
Top Bottom