1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam ( mix) roo, what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by txhall3, Nov 21, 2015.

1. txhall3

txhall3 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2015
    Leander, Texas
    Hi everyone, we just adopted this guy. He has been living in a kennel/run at the vet clinic since March when he began to feather out and the owner became suspicious that he was a roo. The vet said she thought she remembers the owner saying his mom was a bantam ( no breed specified) mixed with something else. :) He is fully grown and weighs 1 lb. His legs are feathered and remind me of my salmon Faverolle (different color of course). Any ideas? Thanks![​IMG]

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Might be an Old English Game bantam mix.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    as good a guess as any. Is he really tiny- 1 lb? I thought only seramas can be that tiny (class A)

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you have photos of side view - standing naturally - we might be able to recognize more breeds in his mix

5. txhall3

May 1, 2015
    Leander, Texas
    Good idea, I will get a few! Yes he weighed one pound when the vet weighed him and he definitely feels solid, not thin.. He is also ridiculously cute and very vocal. [​IMG]

6. txhall3

May 1, 2015
    Leander, Texas
    [​IMG] Took these during his outside time this morning. Excuse the shadows. :) I measured and he is right at 12 inches tall at the top of his comb and weighs 1lb.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  7. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Agreed.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by