Bantam or game hen but not sure what she is? Help?

CamiLynn

Songster
7 Years
Mar 19, 2012
Southern Mississippi
I bought this girl this weekend from a swap meet, but I could not understand the guy that sold her to me, except that she was a mix. He had 3 other small hens with her, but all 4 were different. She looks to have some lacinig on her, but I m new to the chicken world and not sure. One of her wings has been clipped to prevent her from flying. Please let me know what you think she could be. Thanks in advance for you help.

Thank you for the replies. I'm still a little surprised about the possiblity of a silkie mix.
smile.png

Last edited:
I suppose Spitzhauben is another possibility, but she would have a come that is split in the back. I still think she's a silkie mix b/c it looks like she has a flat bumpy comb, like what you would get with the silkie walnut comb plus pretty much anything else. All of my sultan mix chicks have split combs. The roo I have is the coolest, he has a straight comb that splits in the back into 2 with more "teeth" on each side of the V. Doesn't look like this girl has any of that going on. How many toes does she have? I think the last person who guess may be on to something b/c of the complete lack of feathers on the legs. If she has only 4 toes and absolutely no feathers, then maybe she is a Spitzhauben, or even Polish mix, but more than 1 generation back to get rid of that V-comb. :)

Back
Top Bottom