Bantam Orpingtons?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Settler'sDreamFarm, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Settler'sDreamFarm

Settler'sDreamFarm █ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 7, 2008
    Ontario, Canada :)
    If you have Bantam Orpingtons please answer my question.[​IMG] How are Bantam Orpingtons at laying, are they friendly, do they go broody, to they mix well with other birds, could you post some pictures, and maybe give me an average height? thanks

2. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Bantam Orps lay fairly well until it gets hot weather, then mine slack off. They lay as good as the standards I have. They are friendly if you spend time with them as they grow. Mine go broody twice as often as my standards do. Average height HEN= 10" maybe 11"
    Rooster= 12" to 14" [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. prittybitty

prittybitty Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2008
    i just bought buff orpingtons. i am in hopes they are bantams. the there are differences in buff orpingtons standard or bantam right?[​IMG]

4. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    I just bought bantam buff orpingtons and so far theyseem to be pretty much like the big ones. I'm not sure how they will lay, mine are too young. The description says good layers of small light brown eggs. Orpingtons have a reputation for laying all through the short, dark days of the PNW winter, so I'm hoping.

5. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Prettybitty

Where did you get your new chicks? Did they say that they were bantams?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by