Bantam Partridge Cochin

mamabevens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Northern California
Hi, we have a partridge cochin that is 5 weeks old. I was wondering when it would start to developing its "rooster" colors. So far it is the brown and black barring all over with lacing on the breast/ neck area. It is a real sweetie so we are hoping it will be a pullet.
Thanks

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Do you have any pictures? I have 6 chicks that are two weeks old and one chicks comb is already showing, so we think it's a rooster. Cochins are slow to feather out/mature. I'm sure if you had pictures to show, there would be someone on the BYC more qualified than I to help answer your question. Plus we all
love.gif
to see pictures!

Last edited:
I don't know anything about partridge cochin coloring, but my blue cochins' combs developed very quickly on the males. I could tell the males from the females at 3 weeks old. The males were definitely pink by 3 weeks.

Cocopuff, that's its name, comb just got pink this week, its not even completely pink, and it just has pink spots where its wattles would be. I am being optimistic, but who knows. I will post pictures in the morning so I can be as up to date as possible. They seem to grow over night.

Our boy was very red at 3 weeks. He is definitley a boy now, he is seven weeks. Here are some pictures of our two bantams.

9400_img_2582.jpg

9400_img_2487.jpg

Well, I guess I don't need to figure out my new camera program. Little Coco Puff crowed this morning. So we call him Puff Daddy and we are going to find him a new home soon.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom