Bantam Polish - 5 weeks - sex and color?

Here's a side picture I found from the other day where you can see the feathers a bit more.
P1050025.jpg

I don't know anything..just that is a Polish. But I wanted to comment beause s/he is ABSOULTLEY beautiful! And you take such lovely pictures!
love.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
At least everyone agrees about the breed! S/he is way cute, and I would love to have this one stick around, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. Thanks about the pictures; it's hard to take a bad one of pretty chix!

Quote:
Really nice picture. I agree it is a Tolbunt project bird. It has the right colors, just not in the right pattern. Actually, the feathers should be 1/3 Reddish buff, 1/3 black and 1/3 white one EACH feather from what I have read regarding this variety. And like Sonoran said, it is very rare, though a lot of flocks are try it in projects. It is kind of like Mille Fleur, but not.

Cute bird, and does look like a pullet, all my Polish boys had some very pink wattles showing by 5-weeks.
Good luck.

thechickenguy, I mean just that. I've been leaning towards pullet, but this is my first experience with polish, so I haven't let myself settle on that just yet to save myself from disappointment if it turns out to be a roo. It's been playing the little "jump at each other" game with one of the definite roos, so I didn't want to assume on looks alone. Thanks for all the comments and help; I think s/he is lovely and sweet and feel a little better with everyone else thinking pullet, too.

Quote:
Careful. I thought that on one of my Splash cockerels until I heard him trying to crow. He had a poofy of a head as the pullets, but he is most definitely a male. I now look at the wattles as they seem to pop out much sooner and redder than anything I see on the girls.

Back
Top Bottom