Bantam question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Solsken Farm, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

We have a funny little bantam mutt that hangs with our large fowl. Will her tiny little eggs produce bantams, medium or could they grow to large fowl size?

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    When my bantams mixed with some EE"s I had, the chicks were bigger thah the Hen and smaller than the rooster! Hope this helps.

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    When you cross a Bantam with a Large Fowl, then the offspring are a medium size.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have a young cockerel that is from an OEG hen and dutch bantam roo. The cockerel is the same size as the rest of the bantam cockerels. My OEG hen is very big, much bigger than others that I have seen. I would probably compare her to my dad's RIR hens, so this cockerel took after his daddy [​IMG]

5. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Well our itsy bitsy bantam is the last itty bitty we have, other than one darling little mf d'uccle roo. She completely rejected him, and he is supposed to be rehomed to someone who needs a mate to their special needs chicken. But my children are very upset that our bantam won't have some bantam chicks. So now I don't know what the heck to do, other than go buy some silkies. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    ooh, got some in the bator......
    when will you need them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by