Bantam? Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LoupGarou, May 19, 2011.

1. LoupGarou

LoupGarou Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    The only thing I'm sure of is that it's an EE. It seems to be a rooster. When I bought it from the feed store (from Ideal stock, I think), it was supposed to be "a banty, two weeks old, I think." I don't think it's grown a single bit since it was supposed to be two weeks old--if so, it's tiny increments. Guesses would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, also--I know that EEs are blue-eggers crossed with other birds--any guesses as to what breeds it might have behind it? Its wings seem to drop (?) a little--they don't seem to be held tightly to its side?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm not real good on breeds, but I don't think EE. Definite little roo.

3. LoupGarou

Oct 15, 2008
    He's got greenish legs (they don't show really well in those photos) and a little comb, so I guessed EE. I'm open to other suggestions, though. The guy at the feed store just knew he was a "white banty." [​IMG]

4. Gmsg01

Gmsg01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    West Monroe,NY
    Mutant bald eagle [​IMG]

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    He could very well be an ee mix of some sort. I have ee's with no beard and some with. He looks like he is gonna turn out very pretty.

6. ninnyeggs

ninnyeggs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    Quote:that is def. what it looks like to me haha i have no idea what breed that is

7. t_4_turtle

t_4_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Quote:that is def. what it looks like to me haha i have no idea what breed that is

X2 Haha I was thinking the same thing Im jsut too slow!! nice bird!!

8. LoupGarou

Oct 15, 2008
    LOL Mutant bald eagle! I love it. [​IMG] I picked out two of the "white" chicks with a couple of colored feathers in their wings hoping I'd get something nice to look at and it looks as if I did. This one is keeping a golden campine pullet company while she grows a bit and the other is keeping an "orphan" brown red bantam Ameraucana company while it matures. I'm hoping to integrate the pullet with her boyfriend this weekend, so maybe I can put the EEs and Ameraucana together around that time . . . I'm really hoping he's a bantam, really really really hoping . . .

Edited to add

Thank you for the help and thanks SO much for the compliments on him! I'm really happy with the EEs I ended up with this year. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:THANK YOU! Beard! I have two EEs and I couldn't remember that word for the life of me. [​IMG]

I'm having a weird reaction to a new medication and words are getting really mixed up in my head. [​IMG] Sorry.

To the OP - Sorry, I completely overlooked the legs. So, EE and definitely roo.

10. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi

X2 Haha I was thinking the same thing Im jsut too slow!! nice bird!!

X3 me too lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by